Now that summer has officially arrived, it’s time to start eating copious amounts of delicious salads!
I’m a big fan of most salads! The only ones I’m not super keen on are the ones that have avocado, (eww) and ones that don’t have a good dressing on them!
But, there is one salad that stands above the rest in my eyes…. Broccoli Salad!! I’m not sure what it is about this tasty dish that I love so much… maybe it’s the bacon… at any rate, I adore it!
So I thought I would share my particular take on this favourite of mine!
- Broccoli, chopped – I used 3 small heads
- White onion, minced – 1/4 cup
- Raisins – 1/3 cup
- Bacon – 4 slices cooked bacon. Chopped
- A Sprinkle of grated, marble cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
Combine all these delicious ingredients in a bowl. Toss with dressing, and sprinkle with cheese.